About Chemical Peeling
Chemical Peels are intended to remove the outermost layers of the skin at different depths. New, healthier, and more youthful-in-appearance skin replaces that which was removed.
Because of the wide variety of chemical peels, a great deal of mis-information has been given and many myths exist.
Peel depth, solution and strength depends on the indications with which a client presents. Several important variables must be considered before deciding on a chemical peel. We will do an in-depth skin evaluation and recommend the right chemical peel for you.
- Salicylic Acid – Most effective for treating acne
- Glycolic Acid – Fine lines, photodamage, rough texture, a good combination with microdermabrasion.
- Lactic Acid – Very superficial, mild peel to aid in exfoliation and enhance natural hydration. A good chemical for very dry skin or during drier months.
- Jessner’s Peel– combination of salicylic, lactic, and resorcinol in an ethanol base. Provides a deeper peel for oily, acne, and hyperpigmented or scarred skin.
THE ABOVE PEELS ARE SUPERFICIAL TO LIGHT AND PROVIDE NOTICABLE RESULTS WITH REGULAR TREATMENTS. MOST CAN BE REPEATED EVERY 2 TO 4 WEEKS.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) – A light to medium-depth peel depending on strength and the number of coats applied. TCA is very benficial to flatten scars, reduce wrinkles, correct photodamage, improve hyperpigmentation, and smooth and soften skin. The most common TCA peel is the OBAGI Blue peel. Results can be remarkable and last 1 to 5 years.
- VI Peel – The VI Peel offers a safe, effective approach to achieving younger looking skin and provides superior results for all skin types. Along with proper home care, reverses sun damage, treats hyperpigmentation including melasma, acne and acne scarring, aging skin and rosacea. Patients of all ages will benefit from our treatments, from pre-teen acne sufferers to mature patients wanting to reverse the signs of aging. Unlike other chemical peels, the VI Peel is virtually painless, requires no skin preconditioning and has minimal downtime. The VI Peels are practical, affordable and give excellent results within one week. $300 – includes face, neck and chest
Ending the Fear Factor:
Chemical peels are among the best treatments to address photodamage, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, rough texture, and keratoses.. etc. However, a thorough consultation and skin analysis is necessary to determine the specifics of the peel to be done. Preparing the skin for the chemical peel is just as important as the peel itself. For more agressive chemical peels (TCA) a home care program including Retin A and Hydroquinone is necessary before and after to prevent post-inflamatory hyperpigmentation and to ensure the full benefit of the peel. We recommend and sell Obagi Medical Products. Remember, a chemical peel, like any other treatment, should be as individual as you are!
Day 1 Immediately After
“It’s been two weeks since I had the VI Peel Acne, and I am thrilled with the results. I see significant lightening to my pigment spots and acne scars. I am certain with a few more treatments my face will be flawless, I only wish I would have known about your product before I drowned myself in debt with all the other products, peels and doctors I’ve been using for the last few years.”